Last week I wrote a blog about Rashad Hussain. You might recall he was appointed a little over a week ago, personally by President Obama, as the White House Islamic Envoy.
The sequence of events:
Fox News reported that Rashad had attended a conference and was quoted as making sympathetic remarks regarding Sami al-Arian.
- Al-Arian had pleaded guilty to sponsoring Islamic Jihad.
- A journalist wrote an article attributinging those quotes to Rashad.
Fox News reported both the remarks and the fact that the original article had been "scrubbed" and his remarks removed.
- The White House Denied it.
Fox News interviewed the original journalist and she insisted from her notes Rashad had indeed made those remarks.
- The White House denied it.
Politico.com finds an audio from that conference. Rashad is heard on tape saying exactly what he denied.
- Late Friday night, after the news outlets were closed, the White House issued a statement from Rashad that he admitted he made what he characterized as "ill conceived" remarks. He also admitted having the print article sanitized to remove his remarks.
I don't know about you but I'm sick of this behavior from the highest office in our country. Just more of the same.
Seems the vetting process for this administration includes hiding and removing anything about a candidate that might be cause for disqualification.
Lie and keep lying until you are caught!
Bottom line - This guy should be fired!!!!