We are approaching the 46th anniversary of the Assassination of
John F. Kennedy
A man I greatly admired
A few years ago, after 9/11 I had the opportunity to go the the Kennedy library in Boston. There are various videos of his speeches running continually. I sat and listened to several of them.
What struck me was the content. If I closed my eyes and forgot it was JFK, that speech could have been delivered that day.
Almost 50 years ago John F. Kennedy gave us a warning. He delivered a speech warning about a "Secret Society" and the responsibility of the free press in America. A secret society he saw gathering and looming. I'm going to paraphrase some of his points.
- He said that no secret meetings, oaths or proceedings should be allowed to take place. No government should hide from the people.
- There is little value in the survival of a nation, if the traditions of that nation do not survive as well.
- No official, civilian or military person should be stifled from speaking in dissent. No cover ups or mistakes should be hidden from the people.
- It is the job of the press not just to entertain us but to report factually in regard to international and domestic issues.
- It is not the job of the press to agree with government. In fact they should report candidly to educate, inform, convey dissent and even anger.
- He pointed out that the only business protected by the First Amendment of the Constitution is our press.
- Without debate or criticism no country or Republic can survive. An administration should welcome criticism.
I was sent this video clip by another AR member, Tony Toto who knows of my personal interest in JFK.
I urge you to take a few minutes to listen to this speech. It is chilling and so accurate.
We did not take a giant leap to get where we are with this administration. Those who would destroy our Republic have been moving towards this day for decades.
The climate Kennedy describes is all too real at this moment in time.
The attempt to stifle free speech, the press, conservative radio, and the Internet is happening now.
We all remember how recently we had our government instituted email@example.com. You were told to report your friends, neighbors and family if they were sending emails, writing blogs or speaking out in a manner that could be interpreted as dissenting.
Kennedy's speech was delivered as a warning, perhaps a prophecy of what we are experiencing today.
John F. Kennedy
was not afraid to
stand up for our
freedoms and our
way of life.
Perhaps he gave his life trying to do just that.
Please listen and share your thoughts and comments.
John F. Kennedy Speech - Secret Society
This is a public post.
These are the rules of conduct. Anyone who wishes to comment regardless of ideology are welcome to do so. Posters who leave comments that are personal attacks against the blogger or other commentators will be deleted. Posters who include an accusation of racism either against the commentators or the content of the post will be deleted. There will be no tolerance for racism of any kind.
Bonnie and Jayne Vaughan - Driven and Dedicated Realtors
A Real Estate partnership dedicated to our clients ~ driven by their desires
Lackawanna County and surrounding areas -
Scranton and Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania